vqadmin + qmailadmin
Daniel
2007-01-27 10:20:32 UTC
Hi all

I was hoping you might be able to give me your thoughts on a problem I am
having.

I recently moved a qmr install from one server to another one.. I moved over
all the required files and checked the uid/gid ... all is ok and users can
login to check mail via webmail and pop etc. There are no issues sending or
receiving.

I use vqadmin to add domains and qmailadmin to allow the domain owner manage
their domain.

Now, When I try to add a domain via vqadmin .. it loads it ok, however uses
a new uid/gid . Every domain on my server has a UID of 1008 and a GID of
1003. When I added this new domain it give me a UID of 1024 and a GID of
1005 .. when checking the list of users on my server this UID and GID is not
allocated to any user/group in /etc/passwd.

I'm guessing that this problem is preventing me from administering the
domain using qmailadmin.

/usr/home/vqadmin/domains looks like this

drwx------ 3 vpopmail vchkpw 512 Nov 24 23:49 workingdomain.net

drwx------ 3 vpopmail vchkpw 512 Nov 25 00:00 workingdomain.biz

drwx------ 3 1024 1005 512 Jan 27 10:42 newlyaddeddomain.com

drwx------ 3 vpopmail vchkpw 512 Nov 26 21:32 workingdomain.com

drwx------ 3 vpopmail vchkpw 512 Nov 26 21:32 workingdomain.net

If you need more specific details of the setup I have - just ask me.

Sorry if this question is out of scope for this list - but you guys all seem
to be experts and some opinions would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Daniel Grant

!DSPAM:45bb276323881795022171!
Eduardo M. Bragatto
2007-01-29 02:00:07 UTC
Are you using the vqadmin binary from the old server? It seems that vqadmin
was compiled to work setting those uid/gid and now is on a new environment.

!DSPAM:45bd552e23881854022954!