x86_64 support?
Bryan Paxton
2007-03-12 19:29:24 UTC
Does vqadmin currently lack x86_64 support?
I got the following when trying to compile...

[***@localhost vqadmin-2.3.7]# ./configure
/var/src/vqadmin-2.3.7/missing: Unknown `--run' option
Try `/var/src/vqadmin-2.3.7/missing --help' for more information
configure: WARNING: `missing' script is too old or missing
checking for gawk... gawk
checking build system type... Invalid configuration `x86_64-unknown-
linuxoldld': machine `x86_64-unknown' not recognized
configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub x86_64-unknown-linuxoldld failed
--
Bryan Paxton <***@worldspice.net>
Engineer

!DSPAM:45f5aa1b129295929013505!
Ken Jones
2007-03-12 19:37:52 UTC
Post by Bryan Paxton
Does vqadmin currently lack x86_64 support?
I got the following when trying to compile...
/var/src/vqadmin-2.3.7/missing: Unknown `--run' option
Try `/var/src/vqadmin-2.3.7/missing --help' for more information
configure: WARNING: `missing' script is too old or missing
checking for gawk... gawk
checking build system type... Invalid configuration `x86_64-unknown-
linuxoldld': machine `x86_64-unknown' not recognized
configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub x86_64-unknown-linuxoldld failed
Hi Bryan,

vqadmin has old config.guess and config.sub files do not have the
definitions for the 64 bit operating systems. You can copy those files
from a
recent vpopmail release and it should configure just fine. I did this
last week and it worked.

We do plan on a new release soon that includes those changes and
a new "Post a message to all users" feature. Right now we are looking
at adding a "Post a message to this one domain" feature. I think once
that is done we will post a new release.

Cheers,
Ken Jones
Bryan Paxton
2007-03-12 20:44:43 UTC
Thanks! That worked ;)
Post by Ken Jones
Hi Bryan,
vqadmin has old config.guess and config.sub files do not have the
definitions for the 64 bit operating systems. You can copy those files
from a
recent vpopmail release and it should configure just fine. I did this
last week and it worked.
We do plan on a new release soon that includes those changes and
a new "Post a message to all users" feature. Right now we are looking
at adding a "Post a message to this one domain" feature. I think once
that is done we will post a new release.
--
Bryan Paxton <***@worldspice.net>
Engineer
WorldSpice Technologies, inc.